Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ok...This Time I Fell Off The Wagon And Was Run Over

Oh, boy! Has it been nearly a year already?! Quite a bit has happened in the 10 months and 26ish days since I last checked into this blog.

I left one job, got another job, left that job, then started working from home. I'm really not a job hopper, but it needed to be done.

I've put a concerted effort into magazine submissions and contests. I won the Papertrey Ink Guest Star Stamper Contest in June for a baby mobile that I created using their Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set (which is adorable!).

I am currently battling it out (with scissors in hand - not recommended) in the PaperCrafts Gallery Idol Contest. Voting got a little messy in Round 1 (theme: patriotic), so they started over. We're in Round 1.2 (theme scallops - not the mollusk) now. If you click on the round numbers you can see my submissions. I'll add another post about this whole process soon.

I've attended some small indy business workshops hosted by Wholly Craft. I went to a class about getting a business started and to an open discussion about marketing a small indy business. The workshops were great and I really learned some fantastic stuff.

I applied to my first juried craft show. I didn't get in, but it was good for the experience. The show organizers said something about making the show bigger next year and suggested that they had too many stationery people apply. It was my first year applying to that show so I can't be too disappointed. I am going to apply for several that happen this fall/winter season. Hopefully something will work out there.

Sean and I are back on the farm again this summer. I really enjoy going out and harvesting the veggies. It feels nice to get out of the city once in a while. It's just...cleaner out there or something.

I had a birthday. Sean took me to the Ohio Caverns. It's so amazingly cool down there. I highly suggest a visit. The tour is guided and takes about 45 minutes. If you enjoy taking photos this is totally the activity for you.

We got the house painted! No more blue house! It's yellow and rust now. I like it. Sean says we're a beacon in the neighborhood. I enjoy beacon-dom. It's pretty.

Maybe not as much happened as I thought. I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Oh well. Until next time...

No comments: