Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oops. . .

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! I really don't mean to be gone as long as I am sometimes. All of a sudden it hits me that I haven't been back to the blog in a few days and I start to feel guilty. Then I feel like I have to bring something super fantastic to wow anyone that has been patiently waiting for a post. Bring on the performance anxiety.

Anyway, I'm going to push through the guilt and bring you a couple of small projects. I've been working on gift tags lately. Every year I wrap our gifts in recycled kraft or white butcher paper (ironic for a vegetarian, huh?) and then embellish with either fabric ribbon or baker's twine. I really like the baker's twine because the presents look like they're wrapped in candy canes. This humble wrapping lends itself quite well to a nifty tag. I never liked the dueling patterns on my gift tags and wrapping paper when I was a kid. This wrap job lets the gift tag sing!

So far this year I have made several sets of gift tags for craft shows. I was making a few more sets just yesterday to restock and I thought it might be nice to share. These two are my favorites.





Each tag is stamped with charcoal ink and then colored with pencils. I also used a glitter pen to embellish the snowman's hat and the garland and star on the tree. There is a sip of adhesive on the back to make them super easy and self-adhesive. Peel & stick!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. If you are in the area I am going to be at the St. Joe's Montessori School Winter Festival this weekend. The kick off is tonight and Sunday there will be fun from 12-5. Take care, everyone!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Strathmore
Stamps: To/From - Papertrey ink (Spooky Sweets set), Snowman/Tree - I'm not sure. I got them at Archiver's in the Hot Spot bins last year. I'll update this if I find their blocks (I unmounted them).
Other: Colored Pencils - Prismacolor, mineral spirits, glitter pen - Sakura, Permanent Double Sided Tape - Scotch

No comments: