Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This just in. . .

I was featured in the Columbus Dispatch today along with several other artists in the area that make and send their own Christmas cards. Emily, Eva, and I all worked at the same place (at different times). I am a big fan of both of these talented ladies. Check out the article here (though most of the cards aren't online). This is the card I submitted.



The photo isn't great because I didn't stage it like I usually do. The Dispatch wanted it to be a simple head-on shot and it's too late to rephotograph right now. The stamps are all Papertrey. I stamped using Burnt Umber Palette ink and then colored with Prismacolor pencils. I'm happy with the card, but it really didn't translate in the newspaper as well as I was hoping. It's nothing like a magazine!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Kraft - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Stamps: Boards & Beams, Boards & Beams Holiday Additions, Snowfall - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Burnt Umber - Palette, Frost White - Colorbox
Other: Glitter Pen - Sakura; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Embroidery Floss - DMC, Buttons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, featured in a newspaper. I love this set and LOVE what you did with it. The colors are terrific -- so different for holidays.