Sunday, February 8, 2009

Papertrey Anniversary Sketch Challenge

Today was the first time in a few days that I've had the chance to craft. We worked on some home improvement projects while Sean was on his mini-vacation this week and the craft room was momentarily vacant. I really wanted to participate in Papertrey Ink's anniversary sketch challenge though, so I went to town while Sean was out being a rock star (tonight's particular venue is not my favorite - to say the least. I opted to stay home...and avoid a potential tetanus shot).



Anyway, today's card follows the sketch found on Nichole Heady's blog today. I stamped the stems/grassy stuff from the With Sympathy set onto Kraft cardstock in Ripe Avocado ink. The flowers (also from that set) are stamped in Pure Poppy and Frost White (Colorbox) inks. The sentiment is from the Green Thumb set and is stamped in Burnt Umber ink. The stamped panel is sponged with Burnt Umber ink and matted on a piece of the Linen Vellum cardstock. The vellum was scalloped with the Treading Water border punch.



I used my handy dandy glitter pen to dress up the blossoms just a smidge. I tried to capture the sparkle with my camera, but this is the best I could do. I hope you can get the idea.

My base is Ripe Avocado. The Pure Poppy strip was run through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dot folder (in honor of the polka dotty goodness announced today). The ribbon is Dark Chocolate Twill. I loves me some Papertrey twill!

I hope you've enjoyed today's card. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in any other challenges leading up to Papertrey's second anniversary. Until tomorrow - take care!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Linen Vellum - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: With Sympathy, Green Thumb - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Ribbon: Dark Chocolate Twill - Papertrey Ink
Tools: Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug - Provocraft, Treading Water Border Punch - Fiskars
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Glitter Pen - Sakura, Thumb Tack

3 comments:

Yaneri said...

So Cute Lizzie! (your name is so cute too!) Like the little stamped flowers!
Very nice!

Yaneri

Cheryl said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how you layered the flowers. So cute.

Geny said...

Beautiful card, love the layered flowers!