Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

It's my daddy's birthday! Happy Birthday, Daddy! So today I'm going to share the card I made in birthday celebration.


I started by stamping the small star from Everyday Classics onto white cardstock with Seascape ink. Then, I stamped the birthday sentiment using charcoal ink and punched out the sentiments using a circle punch. I adhered those circles to slightly larger circles I cut from Smoky Shadow cardstock. I cut out my stars and mounted them to the center of the circles using foam tape and set aside those star medallions for a moment.

Next I went about creating the patterned layer of my card. I stamped the stitched background from Background Basics: Retro in white ink onto Spring Rain cardstock and sponged the edges with charcoal. All that blue and gray was looking a little dreary, so I wrapped the Spring Rain layer with a bit of Pure Poppy twill to give the card a little pop. I adhered the blue layer to a white base before adding the star medallions on top of the twill with foam tape.

I hope he likes the card (and his present) as much as I do! Until next time...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Smoky Shadow - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Ink: Seascape, Charcoal - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments, Everyday Classics (Limited Edition), Background Basics: Retro - Papertrey Ink
Tools: 1 1/4" Circle Punch - Creative Memories; 1 1/2" Circle Punch - EK Success
Fibers: Pure Poppy Twill - Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Sponge

3 comments:

Babies-Beth said...

Gee, Lizzie, this looks like a great GSS entry in the Stars division to me!

Aimes said...

Super card, Lizzie! I struggle with male cards but this one rocks! Love the background you've created as well as your choice of colours - fabulous!
Aimes
x

Unknown said...

Very smart Lizzie!! just right!