Monday, September 12, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello, Blogland! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It was one of my only show-less weekends for awhile, so I enjoyed it as much as possible.


Today's card is just a little "thinking of you" number. I started by stamping the newsprint background onto a piece of white cardstock cut just smaller than my base. Then I die cut a frame using the Mat Stack 4 and Fillable Frames #7 dies. I ran that through the Cuttlebug with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and placed it on the white layer to see how much space I had for the sentiment. I stamped the "thinking of you" in Dark Chocolate ink and then adhered the white layer to the card base. I then wrapped the ribbon and perle cotton around the base and secured them with Scor-tape. The frame was mounted with foam tape over those ends to hide them cleanly away.


Next I die cut and stamped the mug. Before mounting the mug I stamped the steam swirl using Spring Rain ink that had been stamped off once. That gave me just enough color to see the steam while keeping it transparent enough to be realistic. The mug was added (two layers of foam tape to give it extra dimension) and the steam swirls were embellished with flocking. A little extra texture never hurt anyone (especially if it was flocking! - guffaw).

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful week!

Recipe:
Stamps: Warm Happiness, Warm Happiness Too, Background Basics: Newsprint, Pond Life - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Spring Rain Saddle Stitched Ribbon, Mat Stack 4 Die, Fillable Frames #7 Die, Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Dark Brown Perle Cotton - DMC; foam tape

No comments: