Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yippee!

Greetings, Blogland! Today's card is a congratulations card for someone in my world that had a pretty huge achievement this week. I spent some time going through all of the congratulatory sentiments I have, but nothing was packing quite enough punch. Then I remembered the block alphabet die. Eureka! I set about die cutting the letters to spell out "yippee!" in short order.


I lined up my letters on a scrap of white cardstock and determined how big my center panel was going to need to be. Once that was cut down, I scored a frame a smidgen over a 1/4" from the edge all the way around. Then I stamped the sentiment from Rhythm & Soul and drew a very, very light line across the panel so I could line up my letters reasonably well. After I mounted all of my letters I erased as much of the line as I could reach with my long, skinny eraser. That's why it's important to draw the line super light. There's no way you're really going to get to erase everything (without destroying your card, anyway), so any remainder needs to be so light that most folks wouldn't notice it.


Next, I stamped a Soft Stone card base (I'm really starting to love that color as a neutral option) with one of the strips from Background Basics: Chevron. Well, actually, I stamped a different base with a few lines and decided it was way too busy, so I chucked it. I was much happier on the next go round. I embellished the base with a little embroidery floss and a gray button before mounting my sentiment panel with foam adhesive.

Well, that's all for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Recipe:
Stamps: Rhythm & Soul, Background Basics: Chevron - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Turquoise pigment - Studio G
Other: Lowercase block alphabet die - Papertrey Ink; embroidery floss - DMC; foam adhesive - Scotch; gray button (I think I cut this one off of one of Sean's old work shirts)

8 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful!

Monica K. said...

Love it!! So clever!

Kara said...

this is awesome! so cool!

Randi said...

:-)

Aimes said...

Seriously cool!!! So on trend and hip - celebrating in style!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sara said...

How fun! Even with the background pattern it still has such a nice, clean look to it.

JJ Bolton said...

Fabulous! The color, the chevrons, the die cut letters, wow!

Colleen said...

LOVE this!! Such a fun, trendy card. Great color choices.