Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fanciful Finials - Day 4

Welcome back to the February Papertrey Countdown, Friends! We're on Day 4 and I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the projects. I've had fun putting together this week's posts, too. I thought, just for kicks, I'd revisit the card that really had me thinking of making the Background Basics: Wrought Iron into fences in the first place. Do you all remember this little ditty?

You can see the original post for this card HERE. I was so tickled with that card when I made it, so I thought it might be worth creating another version today.

For today's card I decided I wanted to switch things up a smidge, so I exchanged the vertical layout for a horizontal orientation and substituted a few of the colors. I began by stamping my flower stems onto Aqua Mist stock with Simply Chartreuse ink. I achieved the color variance by stamping twice between inkings. Then I hit that with the heat gun for a minute and put it aside. Doing so allowed me to ensure that my inks were good and dry before I tried the embossing. Otherwise you would end up with powder sticking in all sorts of places you don't want it.

I stamped my polka dots onto a Kraft base and die cut the flowers and grass strip. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment and stamped my flowers onto their coordinating paper shapes. Then I stamped and heat embossed my fencing. That piece was then layered and mounted to my base with foam adhesive. The flowers were added (some with foam tape and others flat) and embellished with glitter. The whole thing sparkles so nicely!

Well, that's all for me today. I hope you've enjoyed today's card featuring Fanciful Finials. Thank you so much for visiting! Make sure to visit NicholeDawnHeatherMaileErin, Ashley, Betsy, Cristina, Danielle, Jess, Melissa Phillips and Melissa Bickford for more inspiration. See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fanciful Finials (available February 15th), Background Basics: Wrought Iron, Fillable Frames Sentiments, Honey Bees, Mini Blooms (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist, Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Pinked Edge Die, Mini Blooms Die Collection (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous and sweet!

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, love the window box style card, and the pretty spring border is so sweet :)

Randi said...

Think spring:-)

Melissa Bickford said...

Sorry...I meant Lizzie! ;)