Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 5

Well, here we are, friends. We've reached the final day in my better-late-than-never September Papertrey Ink countdown. Thank you for sticking with me these past few days. I have two more cards to share with you, so let's get to it!

Today's first card uses one of the Spanish sentiments from Global Greetings: Christmas.


I started by stamping the plaid background on a piece of Limeade Ice cardstock, adhered that to a white card base, and rounded the bottom corners. Next, I die cut and stamped the stocking with Limeade Ice and Aqua Mist inks. I set that aside while I die cut a frame using the Mat Stack #4 Layerz die and the Fillable Frames #7 die. I stamped my Spanish sentiment in the opening of the frame using New Leaf ink. I also stamped the pine bough from Love Lives Here: Holiday with New Leaf ink and trimmed it out by hand.


I wrapped my card base with New Leaf saddle stitched ribbon and Teal baker's twine before adhering my sentiment panel with foam tape. Next, I created a loop for hanging my stocking using crochet thread and adhered the ends to the back of my stocking. The loop was hung over one of the branches in the pine bough before I adhered the pine bough to the sentiment panel with foam tape. The loop is locked in by the tape so the stocking is free to swing back and forth. It's so fun and playful!

Today's second card is a bit more sophisticated. I paired an Italian sentiment from the Global Greetings: Christmas set with Lovely Layers to create a festive poinsettia card.


I began by stamping an Ocean Tides card front with polka dots in Fresh Snow ink. That was adhered to a white card base and set aside. Next, I die cut one of the Half & Half strips and stamped it very lightly with Aqua Mist ink (I wanted the effect to be very subtle - it's there, but you really have to look to see it). I left an open space in which I stamped my sentiment. Then, I die cut two of the Lovely Layers shapes from Pure Poppy stock and one of the smaller shapes from Pinefeather stock.


I stamped the leaf vein image onto the Pure Poppy shapes using Scarlet Jewel ink. I layered those two pieces and curled the petals to give them a more realistic look. In the center I adhered three small circles of gold cardstock that I found in my scrap box (note: this isn't the Gold Shimmer from the Papertrey store - that stock is a bit yellower than this stock). I then stamped the Pinefeather shape with its coordinating image from the stamp set. I adhered the Half & Half strip to my card front and layered on the Pinefeather "leaves." I added the poinsettia bloom atop the leaves with foam tape and embellished the gold cardstock circles with Glossy Accents.

Well, that's all for me for this month's countdown. I'll be back with another project again soon. Take care and I'll see you around!

Recipes:
Spanish Stocking Card
Stamps: Global Greetings: Christmas, Autumn Pattern Pieces, Stocking Prints, Love Lives Here: Holiday - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink
Other: Mat Stack #4 Layerz die, Fillable Frames #7 die, Stocking Prints die, New Leaf saddle stitched ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Teal baker's twine - Divine Twine; white crochet thread; Foam Tape - Scotch; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

Italian Poinsettia Card
Stamps: Global Greetings: Christmas, Lovely Layers, Polka Dot Basics, Half & Half - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; white; gold shimmer
Ink: Pinefeather, Aqua Mist, Scarlet Jewel, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Lovely Layers Die Collection, Half & Half Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger

No comments: