Friday, November 1, 2013

November Color Play

Welcome to this month's Papertrey Ink Color Play feature. This month I'm using this beautiful photo from Better Homes & Gardens as my inspiration:


Aren't those colors simply wonderful? I know it seems sometimes like the stamping world has moved straight on to Christmas, but I'm still head over heels for Autumn's warm tones. Those rich golds, reds, and greens keep me feeling nice and toasty even as the air turns cool and the days grow shorter. This photo gave me such a gorgeous palette! How could I resist?

I knew I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card this month. I personally have so much for which to be thankful and Thanksgiving has taken on a more significant meaning for me in recent years. Unfortunately, with a family spread hither and yon, we can't be with everyone for the holiday itself. This year I am going to challenge myself to send as many Thanksgiving cards as I possibly can. Today's card is a start.


I began by texturing a Classic Kraft card base with the Rustic Burlap impression plate and set it aside. Next, I stamped my sentiment in Dark Chocolate and stems/leaves in Pinefeather ink onto a 2" strip of Rustic White cardstock (Side note: I was planning to use the stems from Mum's The Word, but they were a smidgen short for the layout I wanted to use, so I opted for the stems from Meadow Greens). Then, I die cut my mums from Rustic White cardstock and stamped my flowers using the Rock 'n Roll technique. The large mum used Canyon Clay and Terra Cotta Tile ink while the smaller mum used Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay.



Next, I die cut a pinked edge from Terra Cotta Tile and tucked it under the right side of my Rustic White strip. I adhered that whole piece to the Classic Kraft card base and added my mums atop their stems with foam adhesive. I finished the card with a small Rustic Jute twine bow.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you'll try out the color scheme for yourself and share your project over on the Papertrey Ink Challenge forum! Also, make sure to check in with Betsy, DawnHeatherMaile, and Melissa as they revisit the Love Lives Here: Holiday stamp set. Have a wonderful day! See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Mum's The Word, Meadow Greens, Autumn Hills - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Rustic White, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Terra Cotta Tile, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Pinefeather, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Rustic Burlap Impression Plate, Pinking Edge Border Die, Mum's The Word Die Collection, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Adhesive - Scotch

6 comments:

irwinsu said...

Really beautiful. I love the Autumn colors too!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love how you used the colors. I always look forward to these color play segments.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, Lizzie!

Joan B said...

awesome!!!

Randi said...

Aw...fall:-)

merryf said...

What a fabulous color combination! Totally out of my comfort zone, but I made a Congrats card for my brother with this color palette -- can't remember the last time I used Canyon Clay -- and it was really stunning as a masculine combo. I love your Color Play posts!