Saturday, December 14, 2013

Propose A Toast - Day 5

Good morning and welcome back to Day 5 of the December Papertrey Ink countdown! Thank you again for all of your enthusiasm this month. It's so much fun to see people getting excited about something I've designed! I have two final cards to share with you that showcase Propose A Toast (available December 15th at 10pm). Let's get started!

To start today's first card I die cut and stamped my champagne flutes with VersaMark. Then, I dusted them with pigment powder for subtle lines that shimmer ever so slightly. I used Melon Berry ink to fill in the glasses and set them aside.


Next, I impressed my Vintage Cream card front with the Quatrefoil Cover Plate. I used the impression plate sandwich, so the lines didn't cut through my cardstock, but rather left a nice, deep impression. I continued by tying a sheer bow around my card base before die cutting two Mat Stack 5 shapes, one from Spring Moss and one from Vintage Cream.


I die cut a window into the Spring Moss shape using the Fillable Frames #8 die and used it as a guide for stamping my sentiment onto the Vintage Cream shape. I mounted the two together with foam tape and adhered them to the card base atop my sheer ribbon. Finally, I adhered one of my two champagne flutes to the Spring Moss frame with flat adhesive and the other with foam adhesive. Simple and elegant.

My second card could be used for just about any lovey occasion; anniversaries, engagements, weddings, etc.


I began by xyroning a piece of vellum and die cutting it with my Twist Cover Plate. I adhered it to a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and tied a knot around that whole piece. I stamped and silver heat embossed my sentiment onto a white card base before adhering on my decorative strip.


Then, I die cut, stamped, and silver embossed two champagne flutes from white cardstock. I filled them in with Aqua Mist ink and mounted them to my card front with foam adhesive.


A few tiny dots of glitter on the beverage bubbles finishes the card off nicely.

Well, that's all she wrote for me this countdown. Thank you for joining me and I hope you've enjoyed my projects this week. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Cristina, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Maile, and Melissa for their group post today. And don't forget to visit with Melissa and Lexi as they share even more with their new sets. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Nothing But Happiness Card
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Propose A Toast Die (available December 15th), Quatrefoil Cover Plate, Mat Stack 5 Die, Fillable Frames #8 Die - Papertrey Ink; Vanilla Sheer Ribbon - American Crafts; Foam Adhesive - Scotch

Cheers Card
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Propose A Toast Die (available December 15th), Twist Cover Plate - Papertrey Ink; Silver Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; White Ribbon - May Arts; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Adhesive - Scotch

2 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

LOvely, lovely - those flutes are so sweet :)

nancy said...

Lizzie, I was just able to really see all of the sentiments you included in this set. They are wonderful... and quite tempting.