Thursday, March 13, 2014

March Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 4

Good morning and welcome back to Day 4 of the March Papertrey Ink countdown! I have a few more projects to share with you today showcasing the new Putting Down Roots stamp set and Text Block: Friends Dies (available March 15th). Shall we get to it?

I wanted to use the Putting Down Roots pots with other small florals you might already have in your collection. I thought I'd give it a shot today with Mini Blooms and I'm thrilled how it turned out!


I began with the tag. I die cut a Tag Sale #8 Die and stamped it with the flowers from Mini Blooms, pot from Putting Down Roots, and sentiment from Tag-its #2 stamp sets.


I die cut the flower shapes and used a mix of flat and foam adhesives to give the bouquet a bit of dimension. I then added an Aqua Mist layer that I'd cut into a frame. I finished the flowers with a bit of Crystal glitter for some sparkle.

I started the card by stamping the Aqua Mist card front with the large plaid pattern from Autumn Pattern Pieces using Fresh Snow ink. I adhered that to a white card base and set it aside.


Next, I stamped the bouquet onto a strip of white cardstock. Then, I die cut the sentiment banner from Spring Moss cardstock, stamped it with the sentiment from Fillable Frames #4, and added a couple of white stitches with white crochet thread. I adhered the floral panel to the card front and mounted the sentiment atop it with foam tape. I die cut the pot and flowers and stamped them with the coordinating images. I added those to the card front with a mix of flat and foam adhesives, just as I had with the tag. I finished it off with a bit of crystal glitter.

My last project for today features the new Text Block: Friends Die.


I began by Xyroning and die cutting several of the Text Block shapes. I stacked them together for sturdy dimension and glittered the top layer. I then stamped a patterned circle from Polka Dot Basics III on a Soft Stone card base using Raspberry Fizz ink. I layered the glittered Text Block stack over that circle.


Here's the sneaky thing about this card. A hidden pop of color!

That's all for me today. Thank you so much for visiting! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, and Melissa for even more inspiration. I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Mother's Day Bouquet Ensemble
Stamps: Putting Down Roots (available March 15th), Mini Blooms, Tag-its #2, Fillable Frames #4, Autumn Pattern Pieces - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow, Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
Other: Putting Down Roots Die Collection (available March 15th), Mini Blooms Die Collection, Tag Sale #8, Get A Handle On It Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

Stacked Text Block Card
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics III (available March 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Friends Die (available March 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Xyron

9 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful cards and tag, love how you incorporated the mini blooms - a wonderful match with the plant pots :)

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such cute projects! I especially love your flower pot card and how you popped ups some of the elements. :)

Diana K said...

Love your Mother's Day set! Absolutely gorgeous all the way.

Elizabeth S. said...

Love how you used the pots with mini blooms. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

The mini blooms look adorable with your new set. Such fun projects. Thanks!

Grace said...

Love the mini bloom set in the pot. I also love the true friend card. your cards are stunning.

Kelli B. said...

Lovely! I really like the tags! Gorgeous!

Patt H. said...

Beautiful! Love those mini blooms!

Aileen said...

Totally love the big die plates. Have seen so many wonderful examples on this hop. Thank you