Monday, September 1, 2014

September Color Play

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the September edition of Papertrey Ink's monthly Color Play feature! This month we're taking our inspiration from this photo:

Little Doolally
I loved the primary colors in that cozy, little baby blanket. And since this is the time of year when kids are returning to the classroom I thought it might be fun to pair the primary colors with primary school and make a card for the teacher. Shall we?


I began by stamping the large polka dots onto a Blueberry Sky card front with the coordinating ink. I adhered that to a white card base and set it aside. Next, I die cut the Monthly Moments Spiral Notebook Die from white cardstock and stamped it with the dotted lines from Journal Accessories in Soft Stone ink. I followed up with the solid double line in Pure Poppy and the "you're the best" sentiment in Blueberry Sky. Then, I die cut a Sketched Star (the middle size) from Harvest Gold cardstock. I used a fine point glue pen to draw on a star and coated it with glitter. I just wanted a narrow line of glitter to reinforce the whole "sketched" idea. Next, I die cut the apple and stamped it with the coordinating images from Back to School using Pure Poppy and Spring Moss inks.


Then I xyroned some white and Pure Poppy cardstocks. I stamped the Pure Poppy strip with the smallest dots in Polka Dot Basics II using Pure Poppy ink and then I die cut the sticky backed cardstocks with the Wonderful Words Teacher die. I adhered the three shapes together with the Pure Poppy on top. I chose to use two colors of cardstock just to keep the word from feeling too dense. The white in there keeps it lighter. Once all of those pieces were ready to go it was time to assemble! I mounted the spiral notebook shape with foam tape, the star was added with a glue pen, the apple was added with foam tape, and the "teacher" just stuck on with the xyron adhesive. It actually came together really fast.

Well, that's all for me today, friends! See you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Journal Accessories, Polka Dot Basics II & III, Back To School, Over Under Easy - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Soft Stone, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Sketched Stars Die Collection, Monthly Moments Spiral Notebook Die, Back To School Die Collection, Wonderful Words Teacher Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Glue Pen; Xyron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another good choice of colors! And as a retired teacher....this card would make any teacher's day!