Sunday, January 11, 2015

Text Block: Party Time - Day 2

Good morning and welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink January Countdown! I'm so happy to hear that you're all excited about the Text Block: Party Time die. It's already become one of my favorites in the series! Nichole and Maile are featuring this die on their blogs today and I'm absolutely certain you don't want to miss that!

Today I thought I would try my hand at a birthday card for a tween girl. It has the added fun of being a shaker card with seven shaker elements!


I began by adhering a piece of striped Soft Stone patterned paper to a piece of white cardstock and impressed it with the Text Block Party Time Die. I did this to give myself a bit of a template to work from while building my shaker box. Then, I die cut the Text Block from swiss dot Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, and Aqua Mist patterned papers as well as a piece of fun foam (with adhesive on both sides thanks to my Xyron) and a piece of white cardstock. I knew I wanted to cut out the overlap details (to give more space for the shakers) so I trimmed those details from the foam and white cardstock shapes as well as the word sections from the foam layer. I filled in the spaces on the Soft Stone layer with the appropriate sections of patterned paper. In the areas where there would have been overlap or word details I just filled in with the patterned paper bits to make the balloons whole.


Once the patterned paper was adhered I stuck down the foam layer, giving myself little cubbies for the glitter. I shook in little piles and then removed the adhesive backing of the foam layer which allowed me to easily stick on my acetate window. I adhered the white shape in place to complete the shaker box. Next I stamped a piece of Winter Wisteria cardstock with Polka Dot Basics III. I randomly overstamped some of the polka dots with the ring detail and heat embossed them with holographic embossing powder for an extra bit of sparkle. I adhered that piece to a white card base and then added my shaker box to the card front with flat adhesive. Then, I die cut the small banner shape from Tag Sale #10 from Aqua Mist cardstock. I heat embossed my sentiment with white detail powder and mounted it to the shaker box with foam adhesive. The finished thing is so sparkly and pretty!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back again tomorrow with another project featuring the new Text Block: Party Time die. In the meantime, make sure to check in with Nichole, Ashley, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Maile, Lexi, and Melissa Bickford for more of this month's release. See you tomorrow!

Recipe:
Stamps: Phrase Play #11, Polka Dot Basics III - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, Soft Stone Patterned Papers, Winter Wisteria, Clear - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Party Time Die (available January 15th), Tag Sale #10 - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Fun Foam; Xyron; Fine Aquamarine Crystal, Golden Beryl, Purple Sapphire Glitters - Martha Stewart Crafts; Holographic Embossing Powder - Ranger

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! Love the colors, too!!

mamashops said...

Love your card! It's a real beauty!

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderful! Love the colors and effect!

Anonymous said...

Really great card. Must have taken a great deal of loving effort for the planning and execution. It came together beautifully. Love it!

Unknown said...

This card is fabulous. It looks so simply, elegant. The colors are great!

Gina said...

As the mom of three tween girls, I can tell you -- you nailed it! I love this card and so do all three of my girls!! Thanks for the great inspiration, Lizzie!!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous - love the colors, the sparkle and big dots :-)

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, Lizzie! Love the colors and design. Thanks for all the details on how you did it, too!

Patricia said...

A Buckeye comrade such as myself. Go Bucks! Beautiful shaker card! Love the design, colors, glitter, & everything about it! Wonderfully done.

Melissa said...

This is incredible, Lizzie! I love all the colors and the great glittery effect! I'm thinking that this took you forever to make!! xxxx

nancy said...

This card screams, "PARTY!" So very much fun. I think that I might be buying my very first text block die.

Sandy M said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love that die.

Charmaine said...

Wow...love this!

Brenda Lee said...

LOVE your card! I definitely need this die. The glittered balloons are fantastic and I adore the color combo.

jan metcalf said...

Adorable shaker card! Thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

Whew! But oh so lovely...

Paula said...

Love the Party Time Die!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the individual shaker elements. Beautiful project.

Anonymous said...

Wow - so many shakers in the same card!

Josiane