Monday, August 10, 2015

Introducing Scribbled Sentiments & Pumpkin Patch

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Day 1 of the Papertrey Ink August Countdown! We have so many fantastic new things to share with you this month (new releases will be available August 15th)! I'm kicking off today with two of my new sets, Scribbled Sentiments and Pumpkin Patch, but you'll definitely want to pop back in over the next few days as I introduce even more. Nichole and Heather are also sharing more of Scribbled Sentiments today, so you should absolutely pop over and see what they have up their sleeves this morning. How about we get on to a few projects, eh?

I wanted to start this morning with a little school-inspired card that I made with Scribbled Sentiments. Thanks to the handwritten nature of this set, it pairs perfectly with writing instruments and notebook paper!

Honor Roll Hooray Card

I began by stamping the sentiment from Scribbled Sentiments onto a sheet of Pencil Me In patterned paper using Smokey Shadow ink. I wanted it to look like this could have been homework or something, so I stamped the A+ using the Wet Paint Alphabet with Pure Poppy ink. The "doodles" were stamped with the Quilled Elegance set in Tropical Teal that I'd softened by stamping off once.

Honor Roll Hooray Close Up

I punched holes in the edge to make the panel look more like the real thing and then mounted it to a Smokey Shadow card base at an angle. I trimmed off the corners and added an embellished paper clip from the Clipsters Mini Kit. Then I die cut a couple of pencils and added those to the card front with a mix of flat and foam adhesives. The final result is an excellent first-day-of-school note or honor roll congratulations card for your favorite little scholar.

My next card using Scribbled Sentiments today is a totally colorful and cheerful birthday card.

Make A Wish Card

I began by masking off everything but a circle on the front of the card. I sponged Aqua Mist ink into the circle very lightly to create a highlighted area and then stamped the outline candle from Wishes Come True five times using Aqua Mist ink. I followed up by filling in the outlines with the patterned candles in the set using Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, and Winter Wisteria inks.

Make A Wish Close Up

Then, I stamped the sentiment directly over top of the candles using True Black ink. The bold ink choice helps it pop against the bright colors. I finished the card by stamping the flames with Harvest Gold ink and embellishing them with crystal glitter for a bit of sparkle. I love the versatility of this new sentiment set! It truly covers so, so many occasions throughout the year.

My final project for today offers just a little taste of my new Pumpkin Patch set.

Pumpkin Stack Card

I set out to create a stack of pumpkins, like the ones I often see decorating porches during the fall. I began by die cutting a Basic Bookmark #2 from Rustic White cardstock.

Pumpkin Stack Close Up 1

I stamped my pumpkins in a stack using Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, and Ripe Avocado inks. Then, I stamped a scalloped piece of Canyon Clay with a background from Autumn Pattern Pieces and adhered it to a Classic Kraft card base.

Pumpkin Stack Close Up 2

I embellished my pumpkin piece with a Ripe Avocado handmade paper button and mounted it to the card front with foam tape. The finishing touch was the sentiment, also from Pumpkin Patch, stamped in Dark Chocolate ink. I love Autumn crafting, don't you?

I'll be back tomorrow with more of this month's new release. I'll see you then, but in the meantime make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, HeatherMaile, and Erin today. You won't want to miss a single post! Catch you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Honor Roll Hooray Card
Stamps: Scribbled Sentiments (available August 15th), Wet Paint Alphabet, Quilled Elegance, Pencil Me In - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pencil Me In Patterned Paper Pad, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow Linen - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink
Other: Clipsters Mini Kit, Pencil Me In Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Make A Wish Card
Stamps: Scribbled Sentiments (available August 15th), Wishes Come True - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White
Ink: Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Mini Blending Tool - Ranger; glue pen

Warm Autumn Wishes Card
Stamps: Pumpkin Patch (available August 15th), Autumn Pattern Pieces, Bitty Background Blocks II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Rustic White, Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Basic Bookmark #2, Button Stacks Die, Coaster, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; plastic wrap; Xyron

15 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards, Lizzie! The Scribbled Sentiments and Pumpkin Patch look like a lot of fun to create with.

Renee V said...

Beautiful cards, really love the Honor Roll Hooray card!!!!!

nancy said...

Great font choices in Scribbled Sentiments, Lizzie. I really appreciate how they complement so many "older" stamp sets. Guess I'm all about the fonts today because I adore the font in Pumpkin Patch. Can you tell what catches my eye first?!

Jill Norwood said...

Sweetest pumpkins ever! And love this sentiment set - a perfect fit for so many occasions!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the stacked pumpkins, Lizzie! Great in fall colors!

Leslie S. said...

I love the Scribbled Sentiments & the Pumpkin Patch sets - perfect!!

Linda E (uncbballfan) said...

Love how you used one of my favorite sets, Wishes Come True - it's one I'll never tire of using. And those pumpkins! I'm sorely lacking in pumpkin stamps and these are too darling to pass up! Gorgeous projects!

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful designs.

MTPatB said...

Your school card has a great combination of notebook paper, pencils, paper clip and the perfect sentiment. It will brighten any child's day.

Gina said...

Lizzie, both of these new sets were on my "can't wait to see more" list from the peeks. And now? I definitely want both! I love them!!!!!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Gorgeous Work!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Unknown said...

Love all 3 cards!!!

Brithzi said...

Oh, I'm loving these Scribbled Sentiments and Pumpkin Patch sets. Beautiful cards!

Nora Noll said...

Congratulations on the taking over Laura's spot. Your creations are fabulous!! LOVE all your designs.

Mary said...

Fabulous ideas. Love your work.