Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Moments Inked 2016 Planner Review



Believe it or not, it's nearly January once again and that means it's time to start a fresh planner. While I'm a little stunned that we've gotten to the end of this year, I can't wait to kick off 2016 with my new Moments Inked planner! Not only do I love the changes that were made in this year's edition, but I'm thrilled that the same quality materials and beautiful colors have been used yet again. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Both Planners Together


I've gone ahead and done a video wherein I go over the details fairly thoroughly. I'm no great master of film, but it may be nice to see the different formats in someone's hands. Ashley did a truly amazing video the other day that's also definitely worth a watch, by the way.


If you don't have time (or don't want to hear me babble...I don't blame you) here's a quicker, photo-centric run-down of this year's planners:

Just like with the video, I'll start with the spiral-bound version. Many of the basics are the same. The planner pages still measure 5" x 7" and are made with that lovely linen paper. One big difference is that the daily pages have been removed from the overall design which makes for a much slimmer planner.

Spiral Bound Front Cover

There are, once again, an assortment of laminated covers for sale that you can use to dress up the front of your planner. They can be easily swapped out if you get twitchy for a new style, but they're nice and secure once inserted so you don't have to worry about your planner cover falling off with daily use. They also pop into a silver, metal coil which feels a bit sturdier and more substantial than the plastic version from last year.

Spiral Planner Covers


The weekly spread has changed a little, too. Instead of having each day separated into three sections (morning, afternoon, and evening), there is now a simple, lined column. I'm very happy with this change. I'm not a big mover and shaker, but often we'd have one part of the day that was busier than the others making for a cramped writing situation. This way the space is much more flexible and I really like that.

How about a quick look at the binder.

Binder Embossing


For starters, it's truly attractive. I like the clean design, the stitching and metallic details, the sturdy snap closure, and the embossing on the front cover. There are four color options (white, stone gray, natural tan, and ebony) to suit just about anyone's personal style. I went with the Ebony because I think it will stand up best to my level of abuse. I'm hard on things. You should see my phone. If I had a dollar for every time I've dropped it in the bank parking lot, I'd have at least five dollars (that I can remember). I've managed to keep the screen in tact though! For now, at least.

Inside Binder Cover


Anywho...the hits don't stop on the outside. On the inside front cover you have a pocket and handy, dandy pen loop. The planner pages are identical aside from the binding edge. On the binder pages they're clean cut with drilled holes for the rings.

Back Binder Cover


The back cover has another pocket, but this one does double duty. There's a slit cut in the pocket to allow for a notepad. The notepads are made of the same beautiful linen paper as the planner pages, so everything matches nicely. And they're super affordable! I'm going to really enjoy this feature; I can already tell.

Stamped Sticky Notes

And then there are the white Post-It notes. I can't even begin to tell you how pumped I am about these. I actually did a little sing-song thing on the video that I ended up cutting out because my voice cracked and got all cray-cray on me for a second. Just know that when I tell you I love these I am being 100% serious. No more weird colors that take ink poorly!!! And two sizes (3" x 3" and 3" x 6")!? Imagine a grown woman doing the Snoopy dance and you're pretty close.

Ok, friends. There you have it. I'm truly excited about getting started on 2016 Moments Inked planner and I hope you are, too. If you're still itching for more Moments Inked planner reviews be sure to check out Amy, Ashley, Audrey, Suzanne, Lexi, and Laurie's posts. Nichole also put up a great introductory post HERE that you don't want to miss.

And don't forget, if you share photos make sure to use this little dandy, so we can all follow along!



I'll see you back here tomorrow for another little something. Have a great day and happy planning!