Monday, July 11, 2016

Papertrey Ink July Countdown - Day 2

Good morning, all! Welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink July Countdown! I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the starry goodness I have coming out this month. I can't wait to show you more so let's get to it!

Reaching For The Stars Ensemble

The open stars in the Background Basics: Galaxy set are ideal places for popping rhinestones or other sparkly embellishments. And who doesn't love a little watercolor now and again, eh?

Reaching For The Stars Card

I began by watercoloring the night sky panel for my card. I layered blues, purple, pink, and black until I was satisfied with the result. I let it dry a couple of times and went back with more color to get the depth and tones that I wanted. Once that was completely dry, I went back and added speckles of white in varying concentrations. Once that was completely dry, I heat embossed my stars using white embossing powder. Then I added the stardust with watermark ink and embellished with Perfect Pearls. I love how it shimmers!

Reaching For The Stars Close Up

I mounted that panel to a white card base with plenty of foam tape and dropped in a sprinkling of clear rhinestones. I like the ones that Papertrey sells because you get three different sizes in one package and the variety is nice. Next, I stamped my sentiment (this one from Number The Stars) using Royal Velvet ink onto a banner that I'd cut from White Shimmer cardstock. The coating on the cardstock keeps the ink from soaking in, so I was able to heat emboss my message with clear powder. I attached the banner to the card front and curved it up a teensy bit before I called it complete.

Hip, Hip, Hooray Box

The I created the coordinating box from Linen Vellum. It's sturdy, but also has a slightly transparent quality that I love. You can see step-by-step instructional photos on assembling this box on yesterday's post. I created the tag by heat embossing the sentiment (included in the background set) in silver onto an Amethyst Allure banner. I added BB: Galaxy stars in Royal Velvet and stardust with the same Perfect Pearls powder. Then, I punched a hole in the end of the banner and tied it to my star box with crochet thread. Easy and cute!

Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to check in with NicholeBetsy, DanielleDawn, Heather, MelissaErin, and Maile for more of this month's release. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Recipe:
Reaching For The Stars Ensemble
Stamps: Number The Stars, Background Basics: Galaxy - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White Shimmer, Linen Vellum, Amethyst Allure - Papertrey Ink; Watercolor Paper - Ranger; white
Ink: Royal Velvet - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Number The Stars Banner Die, Favor It: Star Box Die - Papertrey Ink; Rhinestones - KaiserCraft/Mark Richards; Watercolor Paints - Gansai Tambi; White Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Shimmer Powder - Perfect Pearls; Foam Tape - Scotch; Matte White Acrylic Paint - Martha Stewart Crafts; Crochet Thread; Scor Tape

13 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Your background is fabulous!

Linda said...

��������That background Lizzie....simply gorgeous! So looking forward to purchasing your set.

Linda

Diana K said...

I am totally wowed by that background, Lizzie. You've got some serious talent!

Nancy said...

Absolutely in love with your watercolor card using the Galaxy stamp, gorgeous!

StephH said...

Oh, my gosh Lizzie! I can't tell you how many times I've seen pictures of the night sky (with no artificial light pollution) and wished I could capture it it my stamping. Your card does exactly that! Just stunning online, and I bet even more so in person. So looking forward to using BB: Galaxy stamp set. Thank you!.

Connie said...

Love those stars! Beautiful!

Noreen said...

I love your nighttime sky and the way you stamped the stars. Cute idea to have the matching star box, too.

Vicki A said...

I love your card and the star box! Your nighttime sky is amazing!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and who doesn't like some bling!

Patt H. said...

All I can say is: AWESOME!

Ohhh Snap said...

What a stunning gift set! The background really sets off the stars and I had no idea linen vellum could work for gift boxes! (scuttling off to check my stash lol).

JoAnne Victoria said...

I just love this set. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of the sky and stars.




~Anna said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!