Sunday, December 11, 2016

Making Strides - Day 2

Good morning and welcome back for Day 2 of this month's Papertrey Ink countdown. Thank you all so much for your kind words yesterday. You have no idea how much it meant to me. I truly appreciate that so many of you took the time to share your enthusiasm with me and I hope that you'll love this set and use it to encourage others. Nichole and Laurie will be featuring Making Strides today, so I hope you'll take a moment and check in with them. In the meantime, I have a few projects to share with you today!

My first project today pairs Making Strides with Nichole's fantastic new She Moves set.

Run With Your Heart Card

I created the rolling hill using the Sentiment Splits Curve Horizontal that I'd stamped with Background Basics: Woodgrain before heat embossing my sentiment with white powder. I used a strip of chevron washi tape to embellish that panel and set it aside.

Run With Your Heart Close Up

Next, I sponged a white card base with Aqua Mist ink and stamped clouds, also with Aqua Mist ink. Then, I sponged the heart and rays using the stencil from the Sunshine & Rainbows kit using Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks. I adhered the hill to the card front and added a running figure from She Moves.

Next up, I have another card pairing Making Strides and She Moves. These sets work so wonderfully together!

Take Another Step Card

I began by stamping the She Moves figure, scribble, and stars onto a white card base. I added a Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 shape die cut from Harvest Gold patterned paper.

Take Another Step Close Up

I sponged Aqua Mist ink onto white cardstock and die cut it with the Happy Notes die before stamping my sentiment in Tropical Teal. I adhered the sentiment strip to the photo frame shape and then embellished with glittered sketched stars shapes.

Last up today, I tried something a little different. This time I created an encouragement card using Making Strides for a more general purpose.

Never Give Up Card

I began by die cutting a stitched panel using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection. I stamped the brushstroke image from She Moves as a background for my sentiment. I matted that panel with Berry Sorbet patterned paper.

Never Give Up Close Up

Then, I used Fresh Bouquet to add a floral spray, layering a couple of different die cuts to get a fuller look. I adhered all of that to a Smokey Shadow scalloped card base and then added a sprinkling of sequins to add a bit of sparkle.

That's all for me today, folks! Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa, and Maile for more projects. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Run With Your Heart Card
Stamps: Making Strides, She Moves, Background Basics: Woodgrain, So Striking - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Green Parakeet, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: She Moves Die, Sunshine & Rainbows Kit (Heart & Rays stencil), Sentiment Splits Curve Horizontal, Chevron Washi Tape, Coaster - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

Take Another Step Card
Stamps: Making Strides, She Moves - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Harvest Gold Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink
Other: Happy Notes Die, Monthly Moments Instant Photo 2 Die, Sketched Stars Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

Don't Give Up Card
Stamps: Making Strides, She Moves, Fresh Bouquet - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet Patterned Paper, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Smokey Shadow, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Fresh Bouquet Die, Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection, Sunshine & Rainbows Kit (sequins) - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am LOVING your new stamp set. It is so clever and the sentiments can be used for a bunch of purposes other then running. I love your fun cards too. The last one is especially lovely!!

Linda said...

Such a great set, Lizzie. Love all the cards today, too. Thanks for sharing all that creative mojo!

Leslie S. said...

Great cards Lizzie - so creative!

jan metcalf said...

Great cards! Fantastic ideas for everyday!!