Thursday, February 16, 2017

Celebrating The Past, Present, and Future: 2012


Good morning, friends and welcome back to the Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary throwback series. We've reached 2012 and I've chosen to work with With All My Heart.


One of my favorite things about Papertrey Ink stamps has always been how adaptable they are. For example, at first glance With All My Heart may seem like it's only suited to a specific holiday, but a few simple substitutions make it absolutely perfect for year-round creating. It's that versatility that makes me fall in love with these stamp sets over and over again. With that in mind, I thought today I would use this set to make an everyday, "thinking of you" sort of card.

10th Anniversary - Sending Hugs Card

I began by sponging a white card base with a bit of Spring Rain ink. Then I used reinker and a stiff bristled paint brush to add speckles in the same color. I die cut the card base with the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die before stamping the flower cluster in the set in a diagonal pattern across the card front using Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet inks. I added the leaves in Vintage Jadeite and then used a colored pencil to add a bit of shading.

10th Anniversary - Sending Hugs Close Up

Next, I die cut a heart shape using the Limitless Layers: 2 1/4" Hearts Die Collection and stamped it with the chevron patterned heart using Lilac Grace ink. I added the mini sentiment to the heart using Royal Velvet ink. Then, I die cut a Royal Velvet Tag Sale: Quilted banner and heat embossed it with the Keep It Simple: Sending Hugs sentiment. I adhered that over the "Be Mine" sentiment using foam tape. I tied white crochet thread around the card base before attaching the heart with foam tape. I wanted to add a hint of sparkle, so I finished the card by embellishing the flower centers with Sugar Cube glitter.

Here's a card I made using With All My Heart back when it was released several years ago.

Click here to see the original blog post

I paired it with Background Basics: Retro and Classic Kraft cardstock at the time. I still love that card just as much as the day I made it.

Now that I have showcased how this product from the past has remained a classic, it's your turn to share your ideas for the future! Stop by Nichole's blog to share a new project you make with this product, or just share a creation that is somehow inspired by what I made today. Get crafting and enter today so you can be eligible for a fantastic prize!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Betsy Veldman, Keeway Tsao, Melissa Phillips, and Michelle Leone to see which 2012 sets they're revisiting today! See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: With All My Heart, Keep It Simple: Sending Hugs - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Royal Velvet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Vintage Jadeite, Lilac Grace - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die, Limitless Layers: 2 1/4" Heart Die Collection, Tag Sale: Quilted Die - Papertrey Ink; Sugar Cube Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely card!

Donna said...

Just love your lavender card- so pretty & unique that it can be used year-round. Lovely!