Friday, May 5, 2017

Papertrey Ink Stitching Focus: May 2017

Lizzie Intro Photo


Hello, friends, and welcome to this month's Stitching Focus! I'm Lizzie Jones, your Stitching Ambassador, and this month I'm sharing a project with teachers in mind. The end of the school year will be here before you know it, so now is the perfect time to start stitching up homemade gifts for those very important people who care for and educate your children all through the year.

Seasonal Stitching Apple Graphic


The first product I'm showcasing is the Seasonal Stitching: Apple Die. This charming little apple can be used whole or sliced, giving you the option of a couple of different looks. It's adorable adorning coin purses, cards, coffee sleeves, and so much more!

Something Old Title

Seasonal Stitching Apple Round Up


1. Nichole used the Seasonal Stitching: Apple die to create a keychain for a hardworking teacher. She even customized it further by using the Polka Dot Parade Alphabet Die to add the recipient's initials.

2. Laurie used an apple to decorate a sweet treat bag. The Coin Purse II is the perfect size for a little indulgence at the end of a wonderful school year.

3. Laurie also created this delightful bookmark and notepad set. She pinned her apple to a Stitched Bookmark and even coordinated the patterned paper on the notepad and pen. That's some impressive attention to detail. A+!

4. Erin paired her stitched apple with images from Apple Prints and a sentiment from Wonderful Words: Teacher to create a card for a deserving educator. The Pure Poppy felt adds such fantastic texture to her card.

Stitched Tray Rectangle Graphic


The second product I'm going to be featuring today is the Stitched Tray: Rectangle Die. This tray is a wonderful size for giving small gifts - functioning as both part of the treat and the packaging! Once the goodie is gone, your recipient still has a pretty and useful keepsake. Here are just a few of the trays the Design Team has shared in the past.

Something Old Title

Stitched Rectangle Tray Round Up


1. Erin decorated her tray with a monogram and bold embroidery. The Sew Stylish Alphabet and the Stitched Monogram Frame: Rectangle pair together seamlessly to make such personalization a breeze.

2. Amy added Bitty Button Stack flowers to the basket on her Stitched Bicycle for a tray with vintage, springtime style.

3. Dawn kept the Stitched Bicycle on her tray nice and simple. It makes a lovely place to corral her beautiful jewelry pieces.

4. Heather used the optional stitching holes on the edges of her tray to add a super cute button detail. She also completed the edges with the Stitched Tray: Rectangle Trim for a clean finish.
Now that you know what we're working with today, let's get on to the project!

Something New Title

I know that many of you are gearing up for enjoying a carefree summer with your kiddos, but we have to thank their teachers first! Teachers are dedicated, caring individuals who guide kids through the wonderful world of education and they deserve to be celebrated.

Apple Treat Tray


I created a little teacher appreciation gift by filling a stitched felt tray with a baggie of candies. I dressed it up by tying on some tulle and a tag made with the Seasonal Stitching: Apple and a sentiment from Teach & Inspire.

Apple Thank You Tag


To make the tag, I die cut two Basic Cut Tag shapes, one from Rustic White and one from Aqua Mist Bitty Dot paper. I adhered the two together and then used the "holes only" apple to add stitching holes to the tag. Then, I die cut the apple from Pure Poppy cardstock and heat embossed it with the sentiment. I stitched the apple, Classic Kraft stem, and Simply Chartreuse leaf to the tag.

Stitched Apple Treat Tray


For the tray itself, I die cut one layer from Vintage Cream and one from Pure Poppy. I used the chevron embroidery lines from the Phone Case Details Die Collection to add some pattern to the inside of my tray before stitching the apple into place. Note: the lines do overlap in the center, but since the apple was going to cover them, I wasn't too worried about it.

Apple Tray & Tag


I stitched the two tray pieces together, sandwiching white chipboard between the layers to give the tray a bit more stability. I also added Simply Chartreuse trim cut with the Pinking Shears Border Die to each side for an extra bit of fun. I simply tucked the trim between the Vintage Cream and Pure Poppy layers as I stitched.

Apple Tray Corner Detail


Then to finish up my tray, I used stitched white crochet thread through the top holes of each side and tied them in bows. I love the sweet detail this adds. So what do you think? Is it a treat fit for your child's favorite teacher (maybe with a gift card for his or her preferred coffee shop thrown in)?

Thank you so much for joining me! I sure hope you're inspired to create some teacher gifts today. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

No comments: