Wednesday, August 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Beautiful Berries

Good morning and welcome back to the post-release inspiration for this month's Papertrey Ink release! All of the new products are now available, so if you see something you love you don't have to wait. How great is that?!  I'm sharing a project today featuring Betsy's Beautiful Berries: Autumn set. I am truly dazzled by all of the attention to detail Betsy incorporates into her sets and this one is no exception. It's a joy to use! Let's get on to the project.

Thankful For Your Friendship Card

I began by building the autumnal plaid on my card base. Autumn and plaid are made for each other, so I simply couldn't resist! I used the striped stencil from the Make It Market: Market Street kit and Plaid Builder stamps to create pattern. I sponged the Kraft stripes first and then followed up with the stamped stripes in Canyon Clay and Olive Twist.

Thankful For Your Friendship Card 3

Next, I trimmed a Rustic White panel and embellished it with the die cut stitched border along one edge. I stamped that panel with the sentiment (from Beautiful Berries) and adhered it to my card base. Then, I stamped and die cut three of the larger berry branches. I used the rock 'n roll technique to make sure I got plenty of wonderful color happening in each branch. I grouped them together to form a bouquet of sorts and attached a twine bow. I used three strands of twine together for a more substantial look than I usually go for and I like how it turned out.

Thankful For Your Friendship Card 2

Then I die cut a banner and heat embossed it with the rest of the sentiment. I used foam tape to adhere the banner to the card front. I know I used really autumnal colors here, but you could easily switch up the colors and create this card any time of year.

Ok, that's it for me today. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see what other inspiration they have in store. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Jennifer T. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the plaid you created with the berry cluster.

Diana K said...

Burberry! Only you, Lizzie! Love it so much.