Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 3

Good morning and welcome back for Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown! I'm back today featuring Nichole's Quoted: Honeycomb stamp set and Dawn's Stencil Basics: Hexagons. Let's get to it!

Honey Comb Card 3

I began by card today by sponging Honey Nut ink onto a panel of Fine Linen cardstock. Then, I went back in with the small hexagon in the Quoted set and stamped Honey Nut onto a random selection of hexes in the background.

Lizzie Jones - Honey Comb Card

Next, I laid out a trio of hexagon dies onto a Rustic White panel. The largest and smallest shapes are from the Sincerely Yours: Modern + Marbled Kit and the medium shape is from the Two Toned die set. I cut those shapes from the panel and then sponged and splattered on a bit of Aqua Mist ink. Then, I laid the hexagon panel over top of the honeycomb panel and stamped the sentiment though the openings.

Honey Comb Card 2

I removed the frame and backed the smallest hexagon with clear cardstock. I used foam tape and champagne colored microbeads to create a shaker box. After I had adhered the top frame to the card front, I finished off the card with a bow tied with Rustic Jute Button Twine and a few hand cut bees.

Supplies:


That's all for me today. I apologize for not having more with Everyday Affection and Perfect Fit, but I'm currently a little under the weather and not really up to spending much time in my studio. I'll try to have more with those sets in the coming days. In the meantime, make sure to check out today's introductory post over on the brand new Papertrey Ink blog and then check in on Amy, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see how they've used these great new products. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: