Monday, January 15, 2018

Tonight's The Night!

Hi, everyone! I'm just popping in here today to share a bonus project using a few product from this month's Papertrey Ink release. The release goes live tonight at 10pm ET on the Papertrey Ink website. We'll get to the project in a second, but first a reminder - tonight is our Release Party Live broadcast!


Join me, Stephanie, and Julie for answers to your January release questions and a closer look at this month's new products. We're also going to be drawing the winners for our countdown prizes on air! We go live at 9pm ET on the Papertrey Ink Facebook page and we'll be there to chat with you up until the release. I hope you'll join us!

But before all that I have a project to share. Today I'm pairing Warm Regards with Lucky Scratch: Wedding and the Lucky Scratch and Mix & Mat: Confetti dies.

Lucky In Love Card

I began by stamping the dogwoods from Warm Regards onto Kraft cardstock using Fresh Snow ink. We have a couple of dogwoods on our property that bloom a creamy white in the spring, so I wanted to recreate those on my card. I used a yellow colored pencil to softly shade the center of each bloom and I'm so happy with how they came out. Next, I stamped the flower centers in Fresh Snow, let that dry for a minute, and then stamped over the white with Limeade Ice ink. The result looks like a softened version of the bright green that is very close to the actual dogwoods near our home.

Lucky In Love Card 2

I followed up with leaves in Ripe Avocado and a branch in Dark Chocolate. I wanted to mention that it's easiest to line up the branch if you stamp your blooms first, position your uninked stamp around the flowers, and then press your branch onto a block. The branch is all one piece, but the connecting base is thin and (as is the nature of clear stamps) flexible so you have to position it a little bit to make everything line up properly. 

Lucky In Love Card 3

Then, I used the frame from Mix & Mat: Confetti to add in the die cut frame. I stamped the sentiment from Lucky Scratch: Wedding in Fresh Snow and added a "Lucky" die cut from the Lucky Scratch die collection. I had sponged the top die cut with Spring Moss ink before layering it with two more shapes and adding them to the card. Lastly, I tied on some Rustic Cream Button Twine. I think this would make a wonderful spring wedding card.

Supplies:

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! How in the world did I miss this BEAUTY!? I'm embarrassed because I check in often. I can only imagine what your Dogwoods look like in bloom- but then I don't have to because your re- creation is truly lovely. Thx for the tips for aligning the branch and special shading. Your card is one of my very favorites for the release. :)