Monday, March 19, 2018

Release Party Live Card

Good morning, friends! I had a few requests for photos of the card I made on this month's Papertrey Ink Release Party Live Broadcast, so I thought I'd pop in today to share a couple of close-ups and a quick tutorial for anyone who missed it (though you can rewatch it on the Papertrey Ink Facebook page - it's a public page, so you don't need an account to watch). Ok, let's get to it!

LizzieJones_March2018_SimpleStems_KindnessCounts_We_Rise_Card_1

I began by die cutting a Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical card base from white cardstock. I masked off the edges and used Aqua Mist ink to sponge "water" onto the base. Then, I die cut a top layer and die cut a vase from Vogue Vases so the negative remains. Then, I stamped a stem from Simple Stems with Olive Twist ink first on the base and then on the top layer. I used a stamp press to make this process easier.

LizzieJones_March2018_SimpleStems_KindnessCounts_We_Rise_Card_2

Next, I stamped the hyacinth from Simple Stems in Pale Peony and the sentiment from Kindness Counts in True Black. I also used an oval from In The Shadows to ground the vase. Then, I adhered clear cardstock to the back of the top layer to make it look like glass. I used foam adhesive to adhere the top layer to the card base. Quick and easy!

LizzieJones_March2018_SimpleStems_KindnessCounts_We_Rise_Card_3

This happens to be the one I actually did on air, so there are little issues here and there that I wish were different, but overall the card turned out pretty well. You could always splatter the ink blending with water or reinker to give your water a bit more texture. Or you could make the vase into a shaker with microbeads (I bet the clear ones would look great). Thank you all for your interest about this project! I hope you've enjoyed a closer look. Have a wonderful week, friends!

Supplies:
We Rise Card

1 comment:

Sandy Kay said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Lizzie!!